[mythtv-users] MythMusic -how do you organize your music?

Paul Smith cvpsmith at ncche.olemiss.edu
Wed Jul 14 15:51:57 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 14 July 2004 2:03 pm, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 July 2004 02:54 pm, Thomas wrote:
> > Thanks Kevin.
> >
> > I actually read the howto but I did not find a hint about the
> > possibility to have the hierarchy show the folder structure. This is a
> > great feature, maybe it should be mentioned in the howto.
>
> It's a crappy feature, and should be removed, IMO.  Tag your files

I disagree.  Different ppl use different methods to arrange their MP3s, and in
this case choice is a good thing.  I've never used ID3 tags for sorting my
files since, in my experience, most MP3s are tagged incorrectly.  I simply
don't have the time nor inclination to manually re-tag files every time I
download something.  Please keep this feature in MythMusic!

Also, I have my Myth box set up to display contents of CDs in MythMusic (both
audio CDs and MP3 CDs) using supermount and symlinks.  I doubt this would
work properly without the raw directory display.

Now, if only my portable player had a directory feature...

Paul