[mythtv-users] mythsub

Aaron Frerichs afrerich at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 14:35:37 EDT 2004

Here is some code in C to extract the closed caption data from a nuv
file and put it into JacoSub format (which mplayer can read).  I
thought this might be of some use to somebody other than myself, so I
am posting it here.  The starting point of the code was from
mythframes.c in Michael J. Pedersen's distribution of
mythmkmovie-1.1.3.  I studied the nuv format and after looking at the
subtitle formats available, decided that the JacoSub format would be
the easiest to use.

The code does not take into account the cutlist, and it makes several
assumptions about the format of the file, but it works for me.

Enjoy!