[mythtv-users] New Problems

David George david at thegeorges.us
Wed Jul 14 12:05:18 EDT 2004

On 7/14/2004 11:21 AM, MythTV Cory Megitt wrote:

>Hi All
>
>I got Mythtv installed finally... all appears goood except for a few minor
>things.
>
>I have 2 x WinTV PVR 250s and they're detected properly.
>I have just cable hooked up to the tuners at this time (I want to test
>this out and record Analog TV on two channels at once).
>
>Intermittantly (more times not) the Encoder 1 will record TV, while
>Encoder 2 will only record snow.

Have you tried swapping the two cables around to see if the problem
follows the cable?  Perhaps one of your cables is bad (I am assuming you
are using a splitter and have two cables, one going to each card).

>I don't know what's wrong here.
>
>I have setup
>/dev/video0 -> Tuner 0
>/dev/video1 -> Tuner 0

Have you tried just cat /dev/video0 > tst1.mpg and cat /dev/video1 >
tst2.mpg and using mplayer to view the mpg files?  There are
instructions on Jarod's web page to help with this.  In case you don't
have the address it is http://wilsonet.com/mythtv.

>The other problem I have is with MythWEB.
>When clicking on the Movies link, I get a blank white page.

Sorry, can't help you there.  I do seem to remember some messages about
the movies page.  Have you tried searching the list archives for mythweb
and movies?
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?list=mythtv;do=search_results;search_forum=forum_1;search_string=mythweb%20movies;search_type=AND&sb=post_time

>The actual link is:
>http://cable.megitt.com/mythweb/search.php?category_type=Movie