[mythtv-users] Tip: Remote via PS/2 connector, no soldering needed :-)

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Tue Jul 13 11:08:20 EDT 2004

Op dinsdag 13 juli 2004 15:39, schreef John Goerzen:
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 06:29:15PM -0500, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> > John Goerzen wrote:
> >
> > I received my keyboard today and it works great.  Have you tried at all
> > to get the multimedia keys working?
>
> No, I haven't; I typically completely ignore those keys on any keyboard.
> However, I have thought about it, since it would be cool to have them
> going for MythTV.  I suspect there is a HOWTO out there someplace, but I
> don't know where.

Should be simple ( I think.. )

If you are lucky MythTV already recieves keypresses like K_RECORD, and you
only need to add them to MythTV so they are recognised. Mplayer/Xine idem.

On bytesex.org there's some package (kbd..something) that can read those
keypresses, and even tell the kernel how to translate them (the other
solution... K_RECORD becomes 'R').

	Henk Poley <><