[mythtv-users] Looking for a Media PC system

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Jul 12 14:07:40 EDT 2004

On Sunday 11 July 2004 10:35, Greg wrote:
> > I notice in the HOW-TO's that my distro of choice (SuSE) is
> > not covered
> > (bummer). I did start out with Mandrake but the latest
> > version I tried
> > (9.0) was broken and I couldn't get it working. I never have
> > gotten Red
> > Hat/Fedora to work (ever).

Then you either did something wrong, or you have a hardware problem...

> > SuSE 9.0 worked out of the box with very
> > little tweaking (sound was a small issue).
>
> Rpm's for SUSE 9 & 9.1 can be found here:
> http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio/apt/suse/
>
> Kindly provided by Øystein Olsen......bloody nice bloke :)

...But if SuSE works now, definitely go for those rpms. The biggest gotcha on
SuSE is the need for a custom Qt (also provided there), since the one
distributed by SuSE is broken.

(Currently typing this email on my SuSE 9.1 Pro workstation ;-)

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...