[mythtv-users] OT? /proc/pci

Joel Anderson myth at jobless.ca
Mon Jul 12 12:35:10 EDT 2004

Marc-David Meijer wrote:

> [...]

As I understand it, PCI devices don't depend on IRQs anyway.  They use
interrupt "channels", and IRQs are just kept around to keep legacy stuff
happy.  You will often see many devices appear to "share" the same IRQ,
but it is not really true since IRQ's can't really _be_ shared.

Someone please comment if I haven't explained this correctly.  It's a
simplification, but it basically means that IRQ issues shouldn't come
into play unless you have some legacy hardware in the system also.

Joel