[mythtv-users] Compiling DVB support into MythTV

Michael Skaastrup Michael at Skaastrup.dk
Mon Jul 12 09:10:34 EDT 2004

Hi

I'm trying to compile MythTV with DVB support. I used Jarods guide back
when i first set up the system with a PCTV RAVE card.

So i got the source from the website. 0.15.1, and made appropriate
changes to setting.pro. Did the compile, but after starting the newly
created binary, there is still no DVB support.

I'm no expert on compiling programs, so I just figured I would try
another version. I grabbed the CVS version yesterday and made the same
changes to settings.pro and compiled, ran make install. Now it complains
about libmyth not being the same version as the lib it has been compiled
against.

So far i haven't had a lot of success and i know that i have probably
misunderstood something during the above process. Can someone please
point me in the right direction so i can get DVB support?

I'm using Myth 0.15.1 from atrpms on FC2.

-Michael