[mythtv-users] Re: Yet another noobie sanity check ;-)

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Mon Jul 12 04:10:25 EDT 2004

Op zondag 11 juli 2004 23:47, schreef Brad:
> Its disappointing to hear that your Pundit and system with the Zalman
> power supply aren't very quiet. I was indeed planning to have this
> system out in the open (part of the entertainment system) when it was
> completed. If its going to have to be locked away in a closet
> somewhere, I can go with MUCH cheaper cases/parts than the ones I've
> chosen.  :-(

I went down the same route, trying to get an as silent as possible 'normal'
system (aka with fans). But now I think the only way to do this is 'the
closet way', or useing a totaly fanless system.

But maybe (notice that word..), using these 'dampening kits' with foam sheets,
fan rubbers, really open grilles, etc. would help. Things like using an AMD
Athlon XP-M (barton mobile) processor might help too, or just run your Athlon
XP with 333MHz FSB at 266MHz, so you can turn down the fan speed of the
heatsink.

All a big maybe though, you might get rather pissed with the little bit of
monotone noise it still makes.

	Henk Poley <><