[mythtv-users] Nvidia TVout problem

Trevor Hill fweebles at callete.com
Sat Jul 10 21:49:51 EDT 2004

Oops, I managed to send my reply to Jarod rather than to the list,
totally by mistake.  Here it is:

Jarod Wilson wrote:

> On Friday 09 July 2004 12:30,
> fweebles at cerebellum.salem.nexgengaming.com wrote:
>

>> Jarod Wilson wrote:
>>

>>> I would give the 4363 drivers a try. Could also be that your TV just
>>> doesn't like the modes you're feeding it, and maybe you need a custom
>>> one...
>>>

>> Hmm...apparently I don't have the kernel module installed for 4363 to
>> work
>> with the newest ATrpms kernel -- it appears to have installed another
>> (older) version of the kernel that doesn't have support for anything
>> (XFS,
>> my ethernet card, other things).  So I guess I'll have to recompile my
>> options back into that older kernel to try 4363.
>>

> Waugh! I hadn't noticed that there are no more 4363 kernel modules on
> ATrpms... Axel, can we keep building the 4363 ones for at least a
> little while longer? I know more than a few people have had little
> issues here and there with the new ones...

Alright, so I got the 4363 modules installed.  Much better!  The
flickering has reduced to one or two lines, something that looks far
more closer to "normal" and might actually be adjustable with myth's
settings.  I wonder why it did that only on the TV and not on the
monitor output though.

Also, I'm still having the other problem, where, once I exit out of TV
mode (or go to the program guide in TV mode) I get a really messed up
menu screen.  The screen appears to be shifted about 20% right, so the
left 80% of the of the output displays just fine on the right 80% of the
screen, while the left 20% of the screen is a flickering mess composed
of the proper left part of the output and part of the right output.

That part really has me stumped.  I'd reinstall myth if I thought it'd
do me any good, but I see how it would.  And now that I have drivers
that appear to work....hmm.

>> I wondered if it might have something to do with a custom mode, but I
>> honestly have no idea how the "ModeLine" parameters work, and
>> wouldn't know
>> where to go about finding values to stick in there.
>>

> Its some ugly voodoo, but there are a few folks on the list that know
> 'em quite well...

Still wondering if this might be it.

--Trevor