[mythtv-users] Help - Sydney Australia

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Jul 9 21:02:44 EDT 2004

On Friday 09 July 2004 17:09, steen at web.steenandersson.com wrote:

> 1. I can't seem to find a FrequencyID for Channel 10 in Sydney, Australia

Can't help ya there.

> 2. I have no sound in MythTV thorugh the Hauppauge PVR-250 UNLESS I run:
>
> /usr/bin/test_ioctl -v input=7,output=1
>
> Once I do this, sound is perfect! I have to run this ever time I change
> channels as MythTV must reverse this upon a channel change.
> Is there a place in the mythconverg database or config files where I can
> permanently set this setting? (I would rather move away from having my
> external change program if I don't need it).

I'm guessing possibly the msp chip isn't correctly detecting the audio
standard. I just tossed some stuff in my doc about that problem and how to
work around it. There's a link to the ivtv FAQ, which should give you the
right modules.conf option to add to force the audio standard. Worth a shot,
anyhow.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com