[mythtv-users] VIsion PLus IR Receiver - How to translate the button presses ?

David Johnstone johnstoned at optushome.com.au
Fri Jul 9 19:43:19 EDT 2004

I have a VisionPlus Vision DTV TER card happily installed and running
with MythTV. This came with a little IR dongle and remote control. I
have the dongle installed and it is being recognised as
 "usb 2-2: new low speed USB device using address 3
input: USB HID v1.10 Keyboard [Twinhan Tech Remote Control] on
usb-0000:00:02.0-2
input: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [Twinhan Tech Remote Control] on
usb-0000:00:02.0-2
"

But my problem ... how do I translate the button presses into the
keystrokes I want ? My knowledge of X etc is fairly small , but I assume
as it's being recognised as a HID keyboard I need to do some sort of key
mapping ? Any  gurus out there who can point me at the right
areas/files  ?

rgds  DJ
David Johnstone