[mythtv-users] hardware: humble request for opinions

Ben Jennings random at protagonist.co.uk
Fri Jul 9 16:46:57 EDT 2004

so this is going to be my first time building a pc and first time
working with mythtv.  so any advice/thoughts/opinions MOST gratefully
received.

i've had quite a bit of linux/bsd exposure - so hoping that i'll be
able to get to grips with the software side.

so here's my hardware run down (based on thoughts from this great
mailing list!)

case: coolermaster atc-620-sx1 - silver with case fan
psu: antec sl300pgb power supply (is this enough power?)
cpu: athlon xp 2500+ (barton) - with amd heat sink and fan
mobo: chaintech 7nif2 (on board nvidia geforce4 mx)
gfx: (planning on using on board)
hd: seagate 120 gig 5400 rpm
ram: 512
dvb: avermedia dvb-t a771