[mythtv-users] Commercial DVD software now available for Linux

Maarten mythtv at ultratux.org
Fri Jul 9 15:55:51 EDT 2004

On Friday 09 July 2004 17:22, Jason Donahue wrote:
> Cyberlink has developed a version of PowerDVD for Linux!!!

> I've ordered my copy, with the hopes that the DVD software can be launched
> 1) full screen, 2) without the gui controls, and 3) will play happy with
> myth.

Ah.  You must mean like mplayer. Cause it more or less defaults to that
behaviour.  At least it does in my case. And for the "immediate full screen,
add this to your ~/.mplayer/config : 	fs=yes (and you of course need Xv)
I never use the gui; the keyboard works better and faster for me anyway.
If you don't want the OSD overlay either, add this too :  osdlevel=0

> I'll report my findings when I have them :)

Good thing that there finally is an official commercial one though.
(not that I'll be buying it anytime soon, but...)

Maarten

Linux: Because rebooting is for adding hardware.