[mythtv-users] Going directly to TV output

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Fri Jul 9 15:01:53 EDT 2004

Op vrijdag 9 juli 2004 20:39, schreef Hans Rasmussen:
> Hi All.
>
> It took a while, and I learned alot, and I managed to PO the wife quite a
> bit, but I managed to get a stable Mythtv Box up and running.  I searched
> the archives and couldn't get the right set of words together so here's the
> question....
>
> To increase the WAF (wife approval factor) from the miniscule amount it is
> now, it would be nice if after a reboot, and mythfrontend comes
> automatically up, if it could one time go directly to TV out instead of
> having to hit OK or enter twice.  Any ideas on this.  Thanks muchly

Depends on what kind of desktop you have (or want to have) when booting into
X. The KDM and GDM session managers both support autologin, that's part 1.

For KDE, Gnome and XFCE you have some autostart directory on the desktop, you
can put a symlink to mythfrontend there. Butm those desktop environments are
too slow to my likeing, and I don't really need them, I've set up ratpoison.

http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/WindowManagers/Ratpoison
Quote: "Someone on the mythtv-users mailinglist advised to use ratpoison some
time ago, and I must say, it's a swift lightweight windowmanager. Just add
"exec mythfrontend" to ~/.ratpoisonrc (copy the rest from /etc/ratpoisonrc)
and it works :-)"

	Henk Poley <><