[mythtv-users] Re: Re: Yet another noobie sanity check ;-)

Brad mythtv at braddolman.com
Thu Jul 8 18:52:27 EDT 2004

Thanks for your comments, Jeff. Actually, the Pundit is the system I
originally intended to go with. I really liked its feature set, size,
and price. I wasn't too keen on using Intel, just because I would
rather not support the MS/Intel cartel. Mostly though, the lack of
expansion options is what drove me to look for an alternative. I'm
most likely going to need to add another 200G HD and probably a
second PVR250 when (if?) I get this all running. That's what lead me
(eventually) to the Aria.

The only problem is finding the feature set that the Pundit provided
on a mATX motherboard for the Aria. That's been the real stumbling
block so far. The Shuttle seems the closest from what I've seen.

It looks like I'm paying about a $120 (cdn) premium for a little
expansion capability. Not sure if that is justified, but I suppose
that's what's been holding back my purchase so far.

Its good to hear that your happy with the Pundit. If I get fed up
trying to figure out the innumerable options to build my own Aria box
(which I'm quite close to) the Pundit is my fall back, and its good
to know its working well.

Regards,
Brad