[mythtv-users] DirectTV vs Dish for myth compatibility (serial ports, etc)

Jason Elwell elwell at smartlp.com
Thu Jul 8 17:40:21 EDT 2004

I use a home brew simple IR transmitter to control my SA2000 cable box
and it works like a champ.  I set the transmitter directly in front of
the box and it hasn't missed a channel change yet.  Just do a quick
archive search to make sure your box is compatible with the IR
transmitter you want to use.  I had heard the some of the satellite
boxes operated on a different IR frequency???

Here is my homemade transmitter:
http://www.htpcskins.com/pics/IRTransmitter2a.jpg

-Jason
http://www.htpcskins.com