[mythtv-users] XBox MythTV still able to play XBox games?

Scott Nicholson mythtv at scottnic.com
Thu Jul 8 14:31:17 EDT 2004

> If you put MythTV onto an XBox, do you eliminate the ability to play
> XBox games, or can you simply re-boot the box to play XBox games?

Depends on how you put it on. If you solder the motherboard and flash the
TSOP with Cromwell, it's not an Xbox anymore and won't play Xbox games. If
you're using a modchip (either one that supports multiple BIOSes or one that
can be disabled) then it's as simple as flipping a switch or hitting a
button sequence on a controller.

You can also (I'm pretty sure) set things up so that you've got a "MythTV"
disc that you put in just like any other game disc. Boot with the "Halo"
disc in and you're playing Halo. Boot with the "MythTV" disc in and you're
running MYthTV. (Not sure how to set this one up myself)

---