[mythtv-users] Changing Channel Lineup on Zap2It

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Jul 8 02:55:55 EDT 2004

Jon Kunze wrote:
> I've decided to expand my local cable service, and wanted to adjust my
> zap2it listings to reflect the new channels. I added the new channels
> on my zap2it account, and proceded to do a manual mythfilldatabase. I
> then checked in myth web and the new channels are shown, but the
> program info is not available for the new channels. When I look at the
> backend status, it says this at the bottom:
>
> Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2004-07-08 00:59 and ended on
> 2004-07-08 00:59. mythfilldatabase ran, but did not insert any new
> data into the Guide. This can indicate a potential grabber failure.
>
> Am I missing a step in this process? Is there something else that I
> need to do? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The fact that the new channels are shown is a good sign but
mythfilldatabase generally only grabs data for days where there
is little or no data. You should be able to grab a full set of
listing for all channels and days with:

$ mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
mysql> delete from program;
mysql> quit