[mythtv-users] SPDIF and analog audio simultaneously

jscott at oddpost.com jscott at oddpost.com
Wed Jul 7 22:38:48 EDT 2004

---- S N I P ----

> I messed up the definition.
>
> pcm.dualchannel {
> type dshare
> ipc_key 1234
> slave spdif
> bindings.0 0
> bindings.0 1
> }
> }
>
> Again, I'm not sure if this even works as I wrote it but I hope it gets
> you in the right direction.
>
> Kevin

--------------------
Thanks for the direction, Kevin. I definitely think I am on the right
track, but I can't quite seem to get it to work. If you don't mind, let me
give you some specifics about my system and maybe you could give me a
couple of pointers.

When I issue the following command:

aplay /usr/share/sounds/KDE_Startup_new.wav

I get the following error:

ALSA lib pcm.c:6193:(snd_pcm_slave_conf) Invalid slave definition
aplay: main:507: audio open error: Invalid argument

Also, my hardware arrangement is such that the analog output is on 0,0 and
the digital output is on 0,2. How should the bindings lines be written
based on this arrangement?

Thanks again!