[mythtv-users] Re: EFF calls for developers for MythTV

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Jul 7 20:22:56 EDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
[...]
> >Neither option is really satisfying ans intuitive. Ideally the [<]/[>]
> >keys would behave like Vol-/Vol+ when watching a show and like the
> >left/right arrows everywhere else. But that would require a
> >context-sensitive mapping.
> >
> Which Myth has.  Though I don't think it'd help in this case.

How does one tweak this mapping?

> Incidently why are you chaing the colume in Myth?  Are you using powered
> speakers connected to your PC or something?  I always assumed folks used
> the line out on their card to hook to a tuner or their TV.

Well, I currently have a 14" TV (on loan) and a 21" monitor. So it's
easy to guess where I watch TV. Now I have MythTV working I'm going to
buy a bigger TV though. It will definitely change this issue.

    I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape around here somewhere...