[mythtv-users] Viewing and recording

Chris Delis cedelis at uillinois.edu
Wed Jul 7 11:19:14 EDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 03:39:20PM +0200, DAGRAS wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I run MythTV 0.15.1 on a Hauppauge WINTV PVR350.
> I can't view and record in the same time, is it normal ?
> And when i watch, and i start a recording (with the record touch of my
> remote controller), the video is freezed (with "Record ..."). I can't do
> anything (even quit from TV view), is it normal or is there a issue with
> my mythtv ?

Are you going from "LiveTV" to "Record and Watch"?

When a scheduled recording begins while I'm in "Live TV", I get a dialog
box that asks me what to do (3 options - Watch and Record is the default).
If I let the dialog box timer time out (don't select ENTER), I get a
frontend freeze.  If I select ENTER before the time out, it seems to
work.  Are you experiencing something similar?