[mythtv-users] Fedora 2, Failed to Allocate Memory Error

Joshua Schramm josh.schramm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 23:11:26 EDT 2004

Hey everyone,

Im trying to set up Myth on a machine running Fedora 2 using Jarods
guide as much as possible and using bleeding sources, testing sources,
etc.

Anyway ive gotten to the point where im configuring Video Capturing
and the modprobe.conf file which differs from the guide.

As mentioned in the archives the add line in jarods guide now throws
an error and there is no more path line.

First question did anyone find out what you have to do to replace
this? I found a guide that mentioned modprobing a bunch of stuff by
using a script and i did that and put the script in /etc/init.d/ but i
dont think it ran. I gave it execute permissions and changed ownership
to root. This is probably a linux issue more than a myth issue and im
probably missing something simple.

Next when i run those modprobes manually i still get an error to the effect of

Failed to open /dev/video0: Cannot allocate memory

This happens when i try and do a cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/sample.mpg or
when i try and run ivtvctl -p 0

Has anyone seen this?