[mythtv-users] Backend crash with current CVS

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Tue Jul 6 11:45:40 EDT 2004

Over the weekend I upgraded my CVS snapshot (usually I do that once a
week), and this latest upgrade resulted in a crashing backend.  What's
really odd, though, is compiling DEBUG and using gdb couldn't grab a
stack on the crash.  I'll try again, but I'm wondering if any of the
new work with the commercial flagging is a possible culprit.

After one recording finished, and another recording was starting
(back-to-back programs; it was a Twilight Zone marathon after all...),
the backend would segfault right after starting the second recording.

I downgraded to a CVS snapshot from June 15, and it works just fine.

I'll look into this more tonight and see if I can get gdb to
cooperate, but I would like to know if anyone else using the current
CVS is also seeing a backend crash on successive recordings or if it's
just me.

-Mike

P.S. - Anyone have a DISH box and an ActiSys IR transmitter?  Let me
know the lirc version you're using, if you're doing so successfully.