[mythtv-users] We don't need no stinking surveys!

bishop bishop at platypus.bc.ca
Mon Jul 5 17:59:49 EDT 2004

Folks,

Random question.  Have we figured a method through which mythtv itself
can do the survey stuff, or do we still need a separate net machine?
I'm thinking if we can encapsulate all that in the one box, the MAF will
go up (Mom-approval factor, for when I install one of these things in
her house).

Mind you, my mom's not the stereotypical case here, but you get the
idea, even if it's still a fringe thing.  Maybe, when Mesh stuff takes
off a bit more, and there is some kinda valid caching going on, folks n
the same town can be getting their standard guide info from a local
source but still should submit survey info to z2i.

Hmm.  I think I crossed a few discussions there.

  - bish

Corey Woodworth wrote:
> I agree, and I've got no problem with zap2it. However I know a number of
> people who after seeing my mythbox would love for me to build one for
> them, and I'm not sure if I could explain to them why Zap2it needs them
> to subscribe and fill out surveys.
>
> Venky Raju wrote:
>
>> I concur. This is win-win for both us and Zap2It.
>>
>> Venky

	Andy Kaufman LIVES!
	http://andykaufmanreturns.blogspot.com
				Or does he?