[mythtv-users] TV-out overlay placement wrong on S3 Savage/MX

Shawn Flynn shawn at shawnflynn.com
Mon Jul 5 16:05:07 EDT 2004

I am trying to configure an old HP laptop I have to run as a frontend only
machine for MythTV. Everything is working great when I use the internal LCD
panel as the display, but I am having trouble getting the Tv-out working
properly.

The laptop is an HP Omnibook P3-733, with S3 Savage/MX graphics and
composite TV-out. I have installed s3switch and can switch the video to
display on the composite connector at 640x480. My X destop comes up and
looks fine. Likewise, the mythfrontend GUI comes up on the tv fine.
Perfectly placed and readable. The trouble arises when I try to playback
video (or TV) within myth. The TV picture is shifted down and to the right
about 300 pixels. The top and right half of the screen are a wide blue
border. From what I can tell, I think I need to move the video overlay
left/up, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it.

Does anyone on the list have any pointers for me to try? RTFM's gladly
accepted if anyone can point me to the F'n M I need to R. I didn't see
anything in the Myth docs about adjusting overly (just GUI position) and I
can't find any docs whatsoever on the s3 drivers.

Thanks,
Shawn Flynn