[mythtv-users] RE: mplayer under XFCE4

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Mon Jul 5 07:18:23 EDT 2004

I encountered a similar issue myself under Fluxbox with 0.14 (it seemed to
fix itself in 0.15 and onwards). I was using sloppy focus (point to focus),
and whenever an mPlayer or Xine window popped up, it would appear behind
the frontend window, which was less than useful. As I say, this doesn't
seem to happen in 0.15.

In case of future hassles, does anyone know if Myth has a "force this kind
of focus behaviour, and to hell with what the window manager thinks"
switch? I remember tinkering with the options in one of the setup menus,
but it didn't seem to do anything. But then again, I don't think I'd RTFM'd
that bit very much.

*/me crazy and inexplicably useless visions of integrating his beloved
Sawfish into Myth*