[mythtv-users] Yet another noobie sanity check ;-)

Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Mon Jul 5 07:08:27 EDT 2004

Stephen Tait wrote:

> > Case Asus Aria
>

>  Personally, I'd go for a different case. I expect there's a lot of
>  people here who have and like this case, but the reviews I have read
>  say the case gets uncomfortably hot. Plus it has one of the dreaded
>  proprietary PSU's which cost an utter fortune to replace. You can get
>  much roomier (although unfortunately bigger) mATX cases that accept
>  normal ATX PSU's. If size isn't an issue, you're OK. Be warned that
>  the PVR cards kick out *alot* of heat.

I really like the ATC-610 case.  In my entertainment center, it looks
like a standard piece of stereo equipment.  I can't find the atc-610 for
sale anymore, but they do have the 620
(http://www.directron.com/atc620.html).  Only diff is the 620 is a steel
case (and about $30 cheaper), and the 610 is aluminium.

The one thing I do not like about the case is you can't get to both
sides of your add-on's to screw them down tightly.  This really only
matters if you put in a lcd display w/ buttons on it.

> > 256 Mb Samsung 256Mb DDR333 PC2700
>

>  I *really* would go for 512MB. In the UK at least, it's not an awful
>  lot more than 256MB, and gives a colossal speed increase on modern
>  (i.e. bloaty ;^) OS's.

I would concur, I'm going to order another stick of 256, wish I had just
paid the extra couple of bucks for 512 when I bought my mem last year.

-dan

--
Pinky, Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

I think so, Brain, but where are we going to get latex gloves, a
swimming pool filled with vaseline and a herd of yaks at THIS time of night?