[mythtv-users] missing channels

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Sun Jul 4 18:46:45 EDT 2004

Okay, small problem with my setup, still running 0.11 as I haven't had a
chance to upgrade the OS and mythtv on this machine. My testing machine runs
0.14, again until I get a chance to upgrade.

To make a long story short, I mucked up a few channels. Basically around the
time I moved over to data direct, I noticed I had 2 channel 47's and 2
channel 91's in the epg and mythweb. One channel 47 had unknown for all
listings while the other had all the proper info. However anything set to
record on 47 would sometimes record on a different channel (typically 46) or
on the last channel the tuner was set to, in many cases channel 11.  I have
dual tuners in this machine, a PVR250 and an M179. The M179 is the secondary
tuner and seemed to have the most issues with this problem.

So.. one day I went into the database and erased 1 channel 47 and 1 channel
91, this seemed okay, but then it wasn't ever recording anything from channel
47 (although the listings showed the proper shows set for recording), only
the last channel that the tuner was on.  This also seemed to lockup the
second tuner and sometimes mythtv itself, so I then went into the database
and removed 47 and 91. Redownloaded my listings and all seemed good until I
noticed that as far as the tuners are concerned channel 47 and 91 don't exist
anymore. If you are on channel 46 and hit the channel up button on the remote
it jumps to 48, if you key in 47 on the remote, it doesn't change the channel
at all.

Any ideas on an easy way to fix this other than dropping the entire database
and starting mythtv setup from scratch?
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting