[mythtv-users] M179 (PVR-250 clone) for $49.99 at SF Bay Area

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Jul 3 22:55:12 EDT 2004

> The noise issues folks have seen may be MB, power supply or maybe case
> combo issues, I have an Antec Lanboy (aluminum) case w/ Antec PS, and an
> FIC AU11.

Power supply has a lot to do with it, although whether it's a grounding issue
or not I don't know.  The quality of my M179 recordings went from near-perfect
to downright pitiful when I put them in a box with an (electrically) noisy
power supply.  I moved them from there into an old Dell Poweredge 2300 with
a nice power supply and the quality was great again.

--

Chris