[mythtv-users] Re: M179 (PVR-250 clone) for $49.99 at SF BayAreaFry's

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sat Jul 3 07:40:40 EDT 2004

Tim Tait wrote:

> So you have examined "these" exact cards in question and found them
> functioning?

Di you ever stop to consider that it's more likely than not firmware /
driver issues causing people to have problems?  I can recreate the exact
same symptoms as described using my PVR250s (two different types I might
add) by using certain combinations of drivers / firmware.

Ask yourself this:  Which is more likely?  The manufacturer sold a bunch
of cards that didn't even come close to working as capture cards (but
work for a lot of people) or some people have had software / cable
issues and blamed it on the hardware.