[mythtv-users] mythtv compile problem

Dudley Atkinson dudley at jdatkinson.net
Fri Jul 2 18:08:36 EDT 2004

I'm stuck, and it is probably an easy fix..... Any help?

I had mythtv working fine with an xorg distribution from gentoo.  Then I
went to update my system, and crazy gentoo (because I didn't tell it
different) merged XFree into my system.  Bummer.

So I unmerged both Xorg and Xfree, and went to the Xfree 4.3.0-r6.  I
re-installed the mythtv prereqs and all looks good.

But now when I "qmake mythtv.pro && make" I get:
mythbackend: /usr/lib/libGL.so.1: no version information available (required
by /usr/local/lib/libmythtv-0.15.so.0)

How do I get the version information into the libGL.so.1 file?  Just
rebuilding X over and over isn't doing it!

thanks.
JD