[mythtv-users] New nVidia driver

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Jul 2 13:13:53 EDT 2004

On Friday 02 July 2004 07:51, Jim Coates wrote:
> I can't find a good modeline for my tv in 1080i.

Do you have a good 540p modeline? I can't recall offhand what the exact
procedure is, but more or less, double all the values, and you should wind up
with a 1080i modeline that produces similar placement as your 540p modeline.
It worked for me going from 960x540p to 1920x540p, anyhow. I think it'd hold
up for doubling the 540 also...

> I am using a FX5200
> connected to the tv via DVI so I can't use any of those cool tv-out modes
> that nvidia has provided.  The tv is a Sony KP-57WV700.  If anyone has any
> alternative modelines for 1920x1080i, that'd be great.  I have used the
> ones posted here and elsewhere and when I launch X, it looks like the
> interlaced screens are off about 3/8" vertically which is hard to look at
> ;)

So you get a solid picture, it just isn't perfectly placed? Fire up xvidtune.

> I also think I don't get the cool overscan controls using DVI.

Correct.

> I didn't think you could do 1920x1080i over an svidio cable.  Should
> I switch?

No, you can't do 1920x1080i over SVideo.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...