[mythtv-users] OT: startup issues

Dex West dexwest at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 2 12:39:39 EDT 2004

--- Tony Maro <tony at maro.net> wrote:

> >Also let me add that Logging in as another user
> >autostart works perfect.  Plus when I try to VNC into
> >the machine it locks up also, so I would assume its X
> >related??
> >
> >Lastely i've looked in ~/.kde/Autostart folder and
> >there's nothing.. or at least typing ls -al
> >~/.kde/Autostart
> >
> >Any help would be great I can't do much right now with
> >it as is..
> >
> Perhaps it's session management and not autostart that is causing the
> problem.
>
> You could always switch to Gnome... or something else that's half the
> weight of KDE.
Ok then possible you can help me solve another problem.  I built my system from scratch (do it 1
or twice a week) following Jarod's guide.  When I installed fedora kernel 2188 from Axel I lost my
entire list of applications in my application menu under Gnome, so now I can't launch anything
from the application menu.

Have any idea where that menu is configured in a file?

Thanks