[mythtv-users] New nVidia driver

m0j0.j0j0 m0j0 at foofus.net
Fri Jul 2 11:03:00 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 07:19, Brandon Harris wrote:
> Has anyone else had problems with this driver?  I really want to use
> it,
> but it craps out when it loads any windows manager.  I have removed
> RenderAccel "1" and it still garbles the screen.  I read that someone
> had trouble with SVIDEO output.  I can verify this, can others?

Yup.

4363 has been working fine on my Albatron KM18G/nForce2/GF4/RH9-2.4.26
box using SVIDEO output. This version causes X to not load with only the
following error in the XFree86 log:

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

I haven't had any time to troubleshoot it yet. Of course, I'm not
exactly sure where to start since that error doesn't mean all that much
to me.

Joe