[mythtv-users] LIRC and ALSA Drivers not loading

skd5aner skd5aner at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 1 23:34:03 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've been working to get my myth box up and running for a few days.  I'm not
an expert linux administrator, but I'm pretty good at googling and figuring
stuff out with some help :-)

Anyway, the problem I've been having is that I can't seem to get the alsa
and lirc modules to load after a reboot.  I'm running Debian testing on an
nForce2 board and have entered the information into modutils and done an
update-modules.  The information is in the /etc/modules.conf file just like
it should be.  I can do a modprobe and start the modules manually, but I
can't get it done automatically.  I originally had this problem for the
nvidia drivers but somehow they magically went away.  Also, another
"problem" with lirc is that everytime I want to load the driver, I have to
run a "setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none" first.   Thanks in advance!

Matt