[mythtv-users] help needed: mythfilldatabase does not fill database (mysql error 130)

Yoshi Yoshi at IMindGames.Net
Thu Jul 1 15:55:35 EDT 2004

Asciimonster wrote:

> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> Have you tried mysqlcheck?
>> mysqlcheck -v -umythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
>

> I just did. No
>
> Can't you just delete the table in the mysql command line and
> repopulate it afterwards?
>
> If everything else fails: How do I rip out the ENTRE database so I can
> reinstall everything?

    21.6 Deleting the MySQL database
    <http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO.html#toc21.6>

*NOTE*: Performing this step will remove the entire database. You will
lose all of your settings and will need to re-run the mc.sql script to
setup the database structure before running the setup program.

$ mysql -u root
mysql> drop database mythconverg;
mysql> quit

    6.4 Setting up the initial database
    <http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO.html#toc6.4>

This step is only required on the system maintaining the database, which
may or may not be one of your MythTV boxes. If the database is on a
non-MythTV machine you'll need to copy the |database/mc.sql| file to it.

To setup the initial MySQL databases:

$ cd database

      Mandrake 9.0 and Red Hat Linux/Fedora Core

$ mysql -u root < mc.sql

      Debian 3.0

$ mysql < mc.sql

      Gentoo

$ su
# mysql < /usr/share/mythtv/database/mc.sql

*NOTE*: It is good practice to set a root password for MySQL.
Instructions for doing so can be found on MySQL's web site at
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Security.html.

      Modifying access to the MySQL database for multiple systems

If you're going to have multiple systems accessing a master database,
you must grant access to the database from remote systems. By default,
the |mc.sql| script is only granting access to the local host.

To allow other hosts access to your master database, you can either set
it up for no security at all, or with more granularity. Note that the
"%" is the wildcard character in MySQL.

*NOTE*: The "no security" option is /very/ dangerous unless you're in a
controlled environment. This example has no security at all, and allows
access from any host.

$ mysql -u root mythconverg
mysql> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"%" identified by "mythtv";
mysql> flush privileges;

For a more secure setup, you can restrict which machines or subnets have
access. If you have a complete DNS system operational, you could do the
following:

$ mysql -u root mythconverg
mysql> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"%.mydomain.com" identified by "mythtv";
mysql> flush privileges;

Finally, if you just want to restrict by IP subnet:

$ mysql -u root mythconverg
mysql> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"192.168.1.%" identified by "mythtv";
mysql> flush privileges;