[mythtv-users] Burning DVD from ripped vob files

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Sat Jan 31 22:54:02 EST 2004

	Boy, I haven't been keeping track, but it looks like the linux tools
for dvd backup might be getting there.  When I first started playing with this
slightly over a year ago (after I was given a DVD burner as a gift), the linux
tools were way too crude to do the extraction/recombination without heroic
efforts.  The end result usually had bad sync, and took 12+ hours of crunching
to make it fit.  I (very reluctantly and irritatingly) had to find Winders
tools to do the job.  I knew it was just a matter of time for darwin to evolve
the tools... Maybe it's time to try again... :)

-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*
* 	- learn what you don't know, 					*
* 	- teach what you do.						*