[mythtv-users] MythTV will not "make"

Torsten Rupp torsten.rupp at gmx.net
Sat Jan 31 06:34:23 EST 2004

Hi,

> I am using SuSE 9 pro and I have installed all of the software as mentioned
> in the how-to gcc, gcc++, Xfree86-devel, etc... I have also edited the
> makefile in the lidavcodec directory to remove the -fPIC commands but
> during the "make" process it chokes and then it spits out a ton of errors.
> The first fow go without a hitch. If someone out there has it running on a
> SuSE 9 box could you please let me know if you had this problem and how you
> overcame it.

For a more detail analysis it is useful to see the errors you get (at least
some). On my Suse 9.0 system I had first problems, too, but I could solve
those problems by

- install MySQL development package

- install QT 3.1 and compile it with

configure -threads -qt-sql-mysql -I/usr/include/mysql -L/usr/lib
make

Very important ist the threads- and qt-sql-mysql option.

- compile MythTV with

QTDIR=/usr/local/qt
PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
MANPATH=$QTDIR/doc/man:$MANPATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export QTDIR PATH MANPATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH

qmake mythtv.pro
./configure
make

I hope this will help you.