[mythtv-users] The REAL test of Myth

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Fri Jan 30 19:06:33 EST 2004

Cedar McKay wrote:
> Eloy A. Paris wrote:
>
>> One thing that is not helping is that, while watching TV and videos and
>> DVDs (although we use a separate DVD player for DVDs) looks fine through
>> the nVidia TV-out, the MythTV interface is hard to read. I've played
>> with this several times without finding a solution. Don't know what it
>> is. I might post some pictures here later to see if what I have is the
>> best I can have.
>>

> have you tried to set X (or is it QT?) to use 100dpi fonts?. Helped me.

I replaced my TV to get better display... lol.  Actually, my output was
crappy, but I was having to go through an RF Modulator that turned out
was failing (started whitewashing everything).  Then one day my 19" TV
kind of ... popped.  I took the opportunity to buy a 27" that has
multiple A/V inputs plus the new inputs some DVD players and high-end
equipment uses.

I found everything very legible after the upgrade ;-)

Also, barring spending $270 like I did, you might try a different Myth
theme.  I use Visor.

-Tony