[mythtv-users] MythRecipe

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Jan 30 14:26:14 EST 2004

> Perl would definitely be more efficient, but if the goal is to create a
> standard MythTV module then I'm pretty sure it'll need to be C++/QT.  I
> could whip up a perl/qt or perl/gtk app for it really quick, but I'm
> just not sure that it'd be as useful as I was hoping.

To do it right, you'd need nested categories, recipe/ingredient
searching, etc.  Heck, as was suggested, a "fridge inventory" kind of
thing would be cool, too, so you could plan weekly meals based on the
recipe database, and it would make a grocery list for you (could even do
this without a fridge inventory, since it'd be too much work to maintain
a running inventory of my fridge).

--
Chris Petersen
Programmer / Web Designer