[mythtv-users] adding a 'shutdown button' to myth exit menu

Dhiraj Gaurh dhiraj at vishnubhugwaan.org
Fri Jan 30 09:40:31 EST 2004

Best thing is to keep one button on your remote for shutdown, when that
button is pressed call shutdown  -h now. I did this two years back so
I'll have to look into my .lircrc file but it is basically extremely
simple. You won't be changing anything in the menu with this button. You
won't see anything on the screen. But if you map the power button on the
remote to shutdown then it is intuitive I guess. I know you probably
mapped it to escape, so map something else ! It'll be your secret button.