[mythtv-users] Driver not installing during boot

Tom Walsh tom at openhardware.net
Fri Jan 30 07:18:32 EST 2004

Thomas Ries wrote:

>I've got my Myth box (0.13) working fine on RH9 but I
>have to manually load the ivtv drivers. They are not
>loaded during boot and if I load them manually before
>starting X, they won't load in X.
>
>I have tried several variations of /etc/modules.conf
>by moving different lines to different places but
>nothing seems to work. Anyone have any advice?
>
>Thanks,
>Tom

On Mandrake, I put a line that says 'ivtv' in the /etc/modules.  This
file is examined by the /etc/rc boot script and any modules mentioned in
there are modprobe'd, the result of which is that /etc/modules.conf is
examined to see what dependancies exist for the module mentioned in
/etc/modules.

TomW