[mythtv-users] MythWeather questions

Mark Henman mythtv at henmanfamily.com
Thu Jan 29 15:33:11 EST 2004

I have three questions about MythWeather:

1. I am a dialup user (yes, it sucks) and as such I need to first establish my
internet connection before running mythweather.  Is there a way for it to issue
an  'ifup ppp0' prior to trying to fetch its data, and an 'ifdown ppp0' when
exiting.   (The same applies to MythNews and MythBrowser, but my wife really
wants the weather and doesn't like ssh, so that's my #1 priority.)

2. If a connection cannot be established, can it use the last good data it had?

3. I also have a problem when I do 'ifup ppp0' while mythtv is running.  If I do
an ifup ppp0 and then start mythtv everything works fine.  However if I start
mythtv, then dial in, and then launch mythweather it is never able to get the
weather data.

Thanks for the help,
Mark