Getting off topic [Was] [mythtv-users] UK TV Listings source - bleb.org

Adam Wood AdamWood at Xephi.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 12:39:52 EST 2004

I have to agree with you that open source loses a lot of its power if no one
else can read it. On the other hand I'm an advocate of "the right tool for
the right job". This might mean that it restricts the number of people who
can modify the code, but that doesn't mean its right to design it in, for
example, C. Personally, I don't think there is anything that Haskell can't
do, of course that's not a good enough reason to use it.:-) Transforming XML
seems like a perfect task for Haskell and whilst this is sure to get me
flamed: It wouldn't hurt most programmers to understand a variety of
languages, they all have their uses.

Please don't hate me for that I'm just stating an opinion :-D,

Adam