[mythtv-users] Thin client for frontend

Jeffrey Orlin jeff at intersystems.com
Thu Jan 29 10:20:42 EST 2004

I came across this on e-bay
     http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/thinclients/index_evo.html
and it was intriguing, no fan, small, attractive etc... Its "old" so they're
selling for <$100 on ebay (at least 2 of them are/were).

I assume it boots from the flash memory which can be 32MB, 64MB
or larger. I poked around looking for a way to replace the o/s and while
you probably can do it, I couldn't find any mention of  this.

There's a few others (Jammin and LTSP Term) at
    http://www.disklessworkstations.com/cgi-bin/web/200014.html
I was wondering if anyone has configured something like this as a
front-end. Seems to be a good box for a bedroom/kitchen/etc.
The PVR-USB  product could be used as the video source or some
have "PCI Risers" but I suspect that disturbs the sleek appearance :-)