[mythtv-users] PVR-250 slightly fuzzy picture?

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Thu Jan 29 07:27:16 EST 2004

	Well, I have looked up the elusive meanings of the dnr settings and
tried them out.  The dnr_spatial would be the one I would want to play with,
but it's already set to 0.  Increasing the value definately makes the
horizontal fuzziness worse, but no tweaking made it better.  I tried the
dnr_mode to off, thinking that maybe the filter was stuck on something else.
No dice.

	Basically, it's just bad enough to make watching "live tv" or recording
shows inferior enough to make you want to watch the real thing, rather than the
recorded version.

> I get picture quality with both my PVR-250 (rev2) and AVerMedia M179 in my
> main MythTV box that is at least on par with what gets fed off my Motorola
> DCT-5100 cable box, both hooked to a High-Def TV via component video. Now, I
> haven't used a rev1 PVR-250, so I can't say absolutely for certain, but the
> card *should* be capable of producing recordings that are on par with what
> you're seeing with the signal fed straight to the TV. You might need to tweak
> some of the dnr settings with ivtv's test_ioctl utility...
>
> - --
> Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
>
> Got a question? Read this first...
>      http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
> MythTV, Fedora Core & ATrpms documentation:
>      http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/
> MythTV Searchable Mailing List Archive
>      http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/MythTV_C2/

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*