[mythtv-users] Re:PCTV pro mythbackend changing NTSC to Pal-NC...yes I used setup...

Nic Thomas amonre at orcimsoft.org
Thu Jan 29 01:47:22 EST 2004

Ok I've found out that the problem is fixed when I use a local database on the
slave backend.

In other words anytime I set mysql.txt to point to the master backend's
database the slave backend will initialize the PCTV pro capture card to
Pal-NC instead of NTSC. When I have a local database setup it will initialize
it correctly with NTSC.

I've dropped the mysql mythconverg database on the master several times to
make sure it wasn't some odd setup and each time the same problem came back
up. I've even tried adding seperate values in the database on the master for
the slave's hostname and the master's hostname instead of just the NULL
values for hostname the setup program plugs in...and I deleted the NULL
values...still the same problem. Everything seams to point to the slave not
getting the correct settings from the master's database even though the
master is setup correctly.

I really don't want to have to have two mysql databases running and two
xmltv's fetching data every night. Has anyone else had this problem with
other setups? Does anyone have a bright idea or cheat I could do to maybe
hard code those settings or something?

If someone could point out where in the code the slave backend would set the
video card for initialization during first startup and tell me what variables
to modify I would like to hard code the slave backend for the correct
settings...thanks.