[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 12, Issue 128

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Thu Jan 29 02:30:52 EST 2004

>>>>> Peter Lee writes:
[...]
p> On the other hand, the WAF comes from:

p>  2) relentlessly hierarchical user interface (eg, you need to escape back up
p> to the top in order to switch from live tv to recordings, etc.) instead of
p> simple mode-changing keys/buttons.  The hierarchical structure makes sense
p> to a computer person like me, but not to a normal person like my wife.  My
p> explanations as to why it is the way it is don't manage to convince her),

        You can bind keys to jump to certain screens in Myth.  See
'Settings->Key Bindings' in MythWeb.

p>  5) tv program info database that lacks information about what actors are in
p> the program and whether or not the program is a re-run.

        Rerun information is stored in the database if your grabber
supports it.  It's just not displayed in the EPG nor used for
scheduling.  It's displayed in the MythWeb program listing, though.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.