[mythtv-users] tv to dvd?

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 28 18:10:09 EST 2004

mythdvd can play/rip a DVD and uses the mythtranscode code to convert it as
far as I know. However there is no direct tv -> dvd at this time. I believe
someone is working on that actually, there have been some discusions in the
last day in the irc channel.

If you want to do it manually download nuvexport
http://forevermore.net/myth/. It's a script that allows you to select a
show, then convert it. Be warned it has a lot of dependencies that might
just error out if you don't have them installed. Converting to MPEG2 is
extreamly slow also.

As for the 2hrs, well that's a DVD specification. The spec allows for up to
6 hours at a low bitrate, so you can adjust things like that through
nuvexport, just do some math.