[mythtv-users] Another Idea for Myth

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 28 16:01:59 EST 2004

On Wednesday 28 January 2004 13:17, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > I have always wanted a decent recipe program.  What seems to be
> > missing is a standard file format for recipes.  It would be nice if
> > recipes you got off the web or on a CD were in some kind of easily
> > parseable format (XML?) rather than arbitrarily formatted
> > text/html/rtf/pdf/etc.
>
> Is there a DTD out there for recipes?  Should be pretty easy to come
> up with one.  I have a TON of php code for import/export of xml
> stuff, too.

Part of the problem is not just coming up with a DTD, but importing all
of the existing plain text or html recipes that you might have or find
on the web.  Every cookbook/recipe CD/recipe website has its own
format.  I, for one, am not going to hand-enter (or even scan) all my
recipes.  But, if there's ever to be a standard it's got to start
somewhere, neh?

-JAC